Thursday, December 2, 2010

Complete Stairway Makeover in East Brunswick NJ

Lomonaco's Iron Concepts took the existing stairway from bland to grand. This stairway originally had gray carpet on it and then we stepped in. We removed all the carpet and staples on the steps and intermediate landing in preparation for new hardwoods. This customer had already had Santos Mahogany flooring installed on the lower level floors so we used mahogany for all the wood rail and stair components except for the risers.

Because the risers were getting painted on this job we did not have to use mahogany. We were able to use poplar for the risers which is a real an affordable species of wood and it paints up real nice and smooth.

We used solid mahogany wood planks on the landing. By doing this it makes the landing look exactly like the treads on the steps. this gives the stairway a continuous look all the way down the stairs.

Lomonaco's Iron Concepts makes using matching wood planks on the landing a job standard not an upgrade. Lomonaco's Iron Concepts is one of the leading suppliers and installers of iron balusters, treads and risers in the south jersey area.




The picture to the right is a close up of the bottom stainless steel shoes. These shoes are not available to be used in an angled baluster application. I know what you're thinking, this guy is not looking at the photo right?

I am looking at the photo and I can tell you that Lomonaco's Iron Concepts has state of the art equipment to tackle the challenges that other companies cannot.

I made a custom jig to the precise angle of the stairway and by using my milling machine, I milled these these stainless steel shoes to be able to be used on a angled rail.

My client told me that they had several other companies in their surrounding area meet with them and they all told them that what I did couldn't be done. I guess they would feel foolish if they read this blog.

Lomonaco's Iron Concepts has over 25 years experience in the stair rail industry. We look for the challenges that other companies either don't have the expertise to solve or just walk away without even trying. If you would like to meet with me John Lomonaco, leading rail designer and have me design a beautiful custom stairway for your home call me today at 856-740-1071 or email me directly at John@LomonacosIronConcepts.com and I'll make sure we get you scheduled for a free in-home consultation.

If you would like to see some more images of our work, visit our Photo Gallery at http://www.liciron.com/


John Lomonaco
President

No comments:

Post a Comment